March Wrap-Up + Thoughts

March has been crazy, scary, and confusing; let's be honest! The whole month has been fraught with uncertainty and I'm kinda glad it's over, but reading-wise, it ended up being a banner month for me. I felt like I was transported back when I was a homeschool kid with nothing better to do after finishing her lessons than to curl up on the couch and read for a few hours.

On a tangent, my mom used to do this reading program with my sister and I during our summers. It kind of cracks me up now to think about it because in no way did my sister and I need any encouragement to read more than we already did, but I imagine it was a way to keep us focused on more academic things, and away from the T.V. all of the time, even when we were on break.

The goal was to read at least a certain number of books between the months of June and August... I want to say it was 60 books but I honestly can't remember. We kept track much like I do right now... a running list of the title, author, and page number. I so wish we had kept those lists because they would be pure gold to me right now. I remember be so stoked everytime I finished a book and added it to the list, and it also, of course, became a sort of competition between my sister and I to see who could read the most books. Our prize, because we are a family of foodies, was a dinner at Red Lobster. (We appreciate the small things).




(This stack does not include all the books I read this month because I actually read quite a few on my Kindle!)
Okay, back to the main idea of this post... my March wrap-up. These might just be my favorite posts because I get to look back on my reading journey of the month and notice any patterns or certain favorites. I don't think I DNFed any book this month, although I did attempt to start the first Lord Peter Whimsy mystery by Dorothy Sayers and could not get past the first few pages. Maybe I'll come back to it someday.

A little more than half the books I read this month were mystery, with the rest being mostly fantasy. I managed to read the first 3 books in the Harry Potter series, and the first 2 books in the Truly Devious series. I read multiple books by the same author which was an interesting experience. I expanded my Kindle repertoire and have 3 more books on hold. I started Gone With The Wind and I feel pretty hopeful about finishing it this time :)

Well, March, that's a wrap. I am 26% of the way to my goal for the year, which means I've read 26 books so far; I ended with 12 books in March, which I am VERY excited about. Keep reading to see some of the nitty gritty stats and things!


March Stats

12 total books
7 total authors

3,867 pages read

Longest Book: The Mysterious Benedict Society (497)
Shortest Book: And Then There Were None (183)

Favorite Read: Truly Devious
Least Favorite Read: Sidney Chambers and The Shadow of Death

Genres: Mystery (x7), Fantasy (x4), Non-Fiction (x1)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

36/100: Read It And Weep

8/100: Book, Line, and Sinker