19/100: Murder on The Orient Express

Image result for murder on the orient express bookI've been in the mood for a classic whodunnit style mystery and Murder on The Orient Express fit the bill quite nicely. Agatha Christie is an author that has been on my TBR list for a while, especially after watching the movie adaptation of this mystery. I actually didn't know that the movie was based on her novel when I initially saw the trailer for it and I am even more excited to learn that they are filming another Hercule Poirot movie to be released in November of this year.

Since I had watched the movie, I already knew the basic plot and conclusion to this story, but as we all know, the books are better. It was interesting to reflect back on the movie as I read, particularly because there was at least one character in the movie that was not in the book. (Why do they do things like this, I wonder? The cast of characters was already perfect...).

Christie's writing is so much easier to read than I expected. That fact alone is pretty much the only reason I have stayed away from her work all this time. The novel was heavily based on dialogue, I'd say a good 80% of the story is dedicated to it, but it works in favor of the context of the story. Poirot is a likable lead character and the plot moves quickly. This is the first time in a long time I've experienced a book that made me want to binge-read it through.

I've done some research (via Goodreads) into Christie's other works and I've added a few to my TBR list (I want to capitalize on this mood I'm in for whodunnit mysteries before I move on to something else). I think the ones I've added so far are all Hercule Poirot storylines, but I imagine at some point I will move on to her other works; I've heard good things about the Miss Marple series.

Stats:
Completed: Mar 13
Rating: 5 stars
Pages: 212

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

36/100: Read It And Weep

March Wrap-Up + Thoughts

8/100: Book, Line, and Sinker