36/100: Read It And Weep

Amazon.com: Read It and Weep (A Library Lover's Mystery ...Read It And Weep is the fifth installment in the Library Lover's Series by Jenn McKinlay. They are cozy mysteries set in a small town on the east coast. I love reading these kinds of books because they are the ones I don't have to pay too much attention to. The plot is simple and engaging, very much a whodunnit type of setting, and they are just fast-paced enough to keep my attention but not so fast that my heart pounds in my chest :)

I tend to use these books as palate cleansers when I find myself in a bit of a book slump or have just finished reading a more intense story. I can get done with them fairly quickly and move on to the next title in my TBR pile... something that is ever-growing.

I will say that I did not enjoy this one as much as its predecessors. The author inserted a love triangle into the mix, a trope that I will never feel drawn to. Plus, I found myself irritated through the majority of the book because the main characters refused to communicate. I kept thinking to myself, "You are adults, just say what you are feeling. Your partner is not a mind reader!" Lindsey kept reiterating that she would not be the one to start the discussion and Sully would have to be the one to do it. It was obnoxious. Coupled with the love triangle, Read It And Weep made me want to weep just a little :)

I'm taking my time getting through this series, especially since the author is still writing installments, so hopefully I will have forgotten about the disappointment of this one when I go to read the next.

Stats:
Completed: May 21
Rating: 2 stars
Pages: 276

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Wrap-Up + Thoughts

8/100: Book, Line, and Sinker