9/100: Bear Has a Story to Tell

Image result for bear has a story to tellYour eyes do not deceive you, I am reviewing a picture book. Let's get this out of the way: picture books are books, and thus I cam counting it towards by 100 books. A book should not have to meet a page minimum to be considered a book. Yes, I am opinionated, but I was prepared because I already had this conversation with my Mom and sister!

Anyways... Bear Has a Story to Tell is written by Phillip C. Stead and illustrated by Erin E. Stead. I read this as an assignment for my children's theater class. We were asked to choose a children's picture book and film ourselves reading it aloud. I had a lot of fun with it and definitely see where I can improve as I gain more experience with reading aloud.

I picked this one up at my local library. It is super cute, engaging, and offers the opportunity to use different voices as there are several characters. It's got a few bits where children will probably laugh if the narrative is delivered in the right way and it could even jumpstart a lesson about hibernation and the process animals go through to get ready for the winter.

I really did enjoy this one, so I'm keeping it in my back pocket for when the time comes to read aloud to my own students.

Stats:
Completed: Feb 6
Rating: 5 stars
Pages: 30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

36/100: Read It And Weep

March Wrap-Up + Thoughts

8/100: Book, Line, and Sinker